Think LifeChange Institute of Biblical Counseling Begins!
First Residency Training: May 1-5, 2017
Where: Northway Church of The Woodlands, Texas
To register: Send an email to [email protected] and request information for registration. See costs below.
Our Uniqueness: We train and prepare Christians to begin a ministry career in biblical counseling!
Think LifeChange Institute for Biblical Counseling is founded upon the works of two men, Dr. Henry Brandt and Dr. Kerry L. Skinner. God has and is using the message He developed in their lives to help people deal with the issues of life.
- If sin is the problem, there is no human remedy for sin.
- Confession of sin is common, but repentance is rare.
- Repentance is the most positive word in the Bible.
- Repentance is God’s cure for our sin problem.
After leading hundreds of conferences and hearing the call from people to provide a place for biblical counselor training and a way to practice counseling through local churches, a system has been developed to:
- Enable a candidate to learn the message and process of biblical counseling.
- Prepare people who can help the pastor multiply his ministry through counseling.
- Help the church understand that if sin is the problem, God’s people should be the best equipped to provide help.
- Provides a licensing program for Christian counselors that allows the candidate to provide a ministry career in biblical counseling through the church.
As Dr. Skinner traveled and led conferences for many years, individuals would inquire of him where they might receive training and certification for the message that he was sharing. At the time he knew no place to send them.
Many believers, from members of a church to trained pastors and counselors seek a way in which to counsel using the Scripture without the agent of the state limiting what they could share in the consulting room. In most states, licensure limits one to the regulatory laws that govern counseling with the practice of psychology.
Think LifeChange Institute does not provide a state license nor does it provide training to lead one toward state licensure. Though laws vary from state to state, most states have a distinction between general counseling (psychology based) and pastoral counseling. Think LifeChange Institute provides the training, and then the local church must recognize that training by commissioning you into what we call the pastoral counseling category or a ministry career as a Certified Biblical Counselor.
A commissioning service by a church is simply the presenting of a Commissioning Certificate (which we can provide) that is signed by the pastor recognizing you as a person who has completed Think LifeChange Institute training and presents you to the church as a Certified Biblical Counselor.
Your certification through theThink LifeChange Institute would be identified as: LifeChange Certified Biblical Counselor.
- Complete Application. Fees for entire training program: $4000 (50% due with application, 50% due at the beginning of the practicum)
- What is included in the pricing?
- 1 week residency training
- 6 textbooks
- 6 online training courses
- 10 Heart of the Problem workbooks for use in the practicum.
- What is included in the pricing?
- Attend a one week residency with Dr. Skinner to begin the program.
- Complete the 6 online training courses.
- Complete the 10 person practicum training.
The opening of Thinking LifeChange Institute of Biblical Counseling is a great asset to the kingdom work of biblical counseling. Kerry Skinner’s approach of utilizing God’s Word while relying on the Holy Spirit truly simplifies the ministry of counseling. The training he provides in this area immensely equips the Lord’s servant to be an effective counselor. Since opening the counseling center at our church, with Kerry’s guidance and training, we have conducted hundreds of sessions and seen God transform numerous lives and marriages. If you or your church is considering ministry in the field of biblical counseling I can think of no better avenue to prepare for such a great work.
Kevin Ford – Counseling Minister at Calvary Baptist Church – Hannibal, Mo.